Sunday, October 02, 2005

Kids Programming Language

Years ago I toyed with the idea of writing my own programming language. The simple problem was that while I had the desire to build a better mousetrap, I had no idea how to make the existing mousetrap any better.

Morrison Schwartz seems to have tackled that issue with Kids Programming Language.

KPL is freeware (that will output .NET code, no less), and from what I’ve reviewed so far, it provides an easy way to render graphics without worrying about all the low-level details. There are several example programs available that do everything from rendering a Mandelbrot set, to complete graphical video games.

If you have kids and you want to get them interested in programming, or even if you don’t have kids but have a taste for nostalgia, I recommend you take a look.

No comments: